Masterclasser is one of a series of professional development initiatives offered by AWEX to professional Australian wool classers.
Masterclasser is a training opportunity for professional wool classers that aspire to deliver high quality services. This course concentrates on developing the wool classer’s people management skills and technical confidence. In the case of the latter this is achieved by deepening their technical understanding of wool preparation and hearing first hand the requirements and perspective of entities that rely on the wool classer's performance (e.g. owner/contractor/warehouse/buyer/processor).
A sample course program can be found here
- Each course is limited to a maximum of 20 Wool classers selected from the pool of industry nominees and/or wool classers identified by AWEX through its own performance monitoring.
- Nominated Wool classers should have the following attributes:
- Must be actively woolclassing for the last three years,
- Must class a minimum of 7 clips or 400 bales per annum,
- Must have ability and desire to further their wool knowledge, and
- Must demonstrate good character, judgment and capacity for leadership.
A nomination form can be found here
Wool classers seeking Masterclasser status must pass an open book examination and commit to ongoing training and performance criteria.
For further information please contact AWEX:
p: 02 9428 6140